Toilet Flange question

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by prashster, May 4, 2006.

1. prashster

prashster New Member

I am installing a new toilet and 3" pvc drain. Please tell me if this is ok:

1. Instead of closet bend, I used a 90 deg el. Ok?
    2. There isn't enough vertical room to install a stub of pipe to get from the el to the flange so I got an inside-mount toilet flange that fits directly to the el. Is it ok to use this?

The plumbing supply place didn't sell inside-mount flanges bkz they said that no good plumber would use one. But I've found them to be readily available elsewhere (HD, L's, online). If they were really that obsolete, I would have thought they'd be harder to find (kind of like vent tees ;)

Any help appreciated.
    Last edited: May 4, 2006
  2. Cass

Cass Plumber

If thats all you can do go for it. It should work.
  3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

flange

They are not "obsolete" it is just that no plumber would use one, since it could be a continual service problem that he would have to take care of for free.