Toilet Flange Problem Wall further than 14 inches

Users who are viewing this thread

kevha

Reaction score
Hi
I hope you can help as I am at a loss as to what to do next
I am remodeling my bathroom and my plumber rough plumbed the bathroom already.
The Toilet waste pipe sits 17 inches from the wall (the previous owners had built another in order to get a toilet to reach the waste pipe)
My plumber was hoping to get a 14" offset flange 'street' fittingl' to make a 14 " toliet work with my space restrictions.
He now states he cannot actually get this and is suggesting to build out the wall enough so I can get a 14' toliet in place.
(With an offset flange street fitting we would have been ableto make this work but I don't want to have to build out my wall as he suggests)

ANy help / ideas appreciated - the connector to the waste pipe sits 17" from the rough stud.
Anyone know where to get an Offset Flange 'street' fitting?
Thanks in advance for help.

kevha

Reaction score
Hi
Sorry but I meant to state that the conenctor that the flange is supposed to connect to is a 3 inch connector
The waste pipe comes up through a chase from the basement.
A right angle connector the turms the pipe towards the wall where the toilet will be. Then another right angle connecor turnst the ipe upward (at the joist)to 'supposedly' meet a toliet flange and this connector is 3 inch wide. basically the same width as the botto end of a standard offset flange.
This same connector has a 1 1/2 pipe coming from it for the sink drain.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
drain

I do not know where the sink drain connects to the toilet pipe, but in most cases it should not do that. With the correct turn below the toilet the riser pipe could be 4" and then an offset flange would fit inside it. But without knowing exactly how the pipe is installed, we cannot tell you why you have the problem, or exactly how to fix it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks