Toilet Flange Lid Stuck (1 pic)

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by zerolast, Oct 5, 2011.

1. zerolast

zerolast New Member

Hi all,

I have a Datey toilet flange with the lid stuck on it. Appears a small amount of the concrete I laid about 4 years ago got in between the lid and the flange opening. I'm thinking this is a screw on lid, but I could be wrong. Any help is much appreciated. FYI: There was a little protruding plastic piece on top I thought I could strike with a hammer and screwdriver to twist the flange and it quickly broke off.

Attached Files:

2. Jerome2877

Jerome2877 In the Trades

Thats a knockout flange, it needs to be brocken out. I use a screw and drill it in to the center so I can hold on to it with a set of channel locks ( makes sure it doesn't fall down the drain) then hit around the edge with a hammer until you can pull it out.
  3. zerolast

zerolast New Member

Much appreciated. Guess my google skills aren't what they used to be...could not find what this was anywhere. Thanks again!

4. BobL43

BobL43 DIY Senior Member

I was gonna say the same, because the one I have, not yet installed (mine is a Sioux chief brand) has a label on it telling you how to remove it.:D

here is the link:

http://www.siouxchief.com/Resource_/ProductMedia/179/TKO brochure 3-06.pdf