Toilet draining

Users who are viewing this thread

jsk2945

Reaction score
Hello im new on the forums.
I noticed that the new piping in the bathroom that drains from the septic tank(toilet goes down, then straight for about 7 feet, then goes up in a 45 degree angle for a foot and then finally straight down(5 feet)).

What im concerned about is the 45 degree inclination going up a foot. Will this cause any problems? or problems in the future?

Thanks

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
You can sometimes get away with running a drain horizontal for a bit (not good), but going up with a 45 is a guaranteed recipe for a clog, sooner rather than later. It should slope down the entire way with a minimum slope of 1/4" per foot.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
You imply by your wording that this is new work done by someone other than yourself. I would also assume that the work was not inspected which then indicates the work was done by a non professional plumber. I can only guess as to how much recourse you have to get this made right since the work was done by an non licensed and non bonded person. You may have legal recourse, but I'm not an attorney. Regardless of that issue, you have to get this made right, or you will be in for constant clogs.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks