Toilet Drain

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by pensfan84, Nov 3, 2009.

1. pensfan84

pensfan84 New Member

I am installing a new toilet that is 4' away from my main stack and will be installing a 4" sanitary tee and stack venting the toilet. I have all intentions of installing a 4" closet flange as well.

Is a 4" closet flange appropriate for this?

What size closet bend should I use for this?

2. Lakee911

Lakee911 I&C Engineer (mostly WWTP)

I&C Engineer (mostly WWTP)
    You can use 3" or 4". Personally I like 4" but the 3" can be cheaper and easier to run. You can always increase the pipe size, but you never want to decrease it.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Plumber
    tee

If this toilet is going to be on the stack beneath another one, you CANNOT just install a tee and connect the toilet to it.

5. pensfan84

pensfan84 New Member

This toilet is installed highest on the soil stack