Toilet Drain

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by pensfan84, Nov 3, 2009.

1. pensfan84

pensfan84 New Member

I am installing a new toilet that is 4' away from my main stack and will be installing a 4" sanitary tee and stack venting the toilet. I have all intentions of installing a 4" closet flange as well.

Is a 4" closet flange appropriate for this?

What size closet bend should I use for this?
  2. Lakee911

Lakee911 I&C Engineer (mostly WWTP)

You can use 3" or 4". Personally I like 4" but the 3" can be cheaper and easier to run. You can always increase the pipe size, but you never want to decrease it.
  3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

tee

If this toilet is going to be on the stack beneath another one, you CANNOT just install a tee and connect the toilet to it.
  4. pensfan84

pensfan84 New Member

This toilet is installed highest on the soil stack