Toilet Drain relocation question

Users who are viewing this thread

Malin

Reaction score
I moved my toilet to the left 3'. In doing so i increased after the 3" abs Y that go down to a 4" abs pipe with one added 90 degree while keeping entire pipe slopped downhill. Question is will the increase from 3" to 4" using a adaptor coupling that smooths threw ( not a reducer that stops flat to reduce ) be a problem? And does adding a 90 hurt my flow? I am installing a pressure toilet. If so what should I do?

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
An increase in size from 3 to 4 is not a problem. A 90 should be a long sweep 90, not a short sweep. Without seeing what you did, it is hard to judge.

short-med-long.jpg

short, medium, and long sweep bends

Malin

Reaction score
I don't know if it is called a long sweep or short sweep but the 90 itself is 4". That was the point of the increase to get the biggest turn I could from added degree of bend. Everything from that 90 to the flange is 4" everything before the 90 is 3". It is ( sorry if wrong terminalogy ) set up like this, the drain riser to second floor with a double Y all 3", I added a coupling to increase from 3" to 4" after the double Y about 2" out of the Y is the coupling reducer/increaser to 4" horizontal 90 which leads about 3' to the 4" vertical 90 for the flange to sit in.

I have to emphasize the coupling reducer/increaser I used is a flowing one not a stop flat edged reducer that goes inside the larger diameter pipe.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks