Toilet drain pipe too low?

Users who are viewing this thread

diyinNM

Reaction score
First off thanks to everyone on this forum, its been a wealth of advice while tackling a bathroom remodel!

Anyways I am ready to install the toilet but it seems like the waste pipe is too low.

It sits about 2 1/2" below tile on far side and 2 1/8" on near side.

Inside diameter is about 3 1/2"

Thought I was gonna be able to put a twist and set flange directly in, but the 4" is slightly too large and the 3 inch would be too Small.

Do I need to glue in an extension?

Thanks

Justin

diyinnm-01.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
The riser should have been extended before the floor work was ever started. The pipe needs to be extended up to the height of the finished floor. The tile should have been cut to fit around the pipe. The flange goes on top of the tile!

diyinNM

Reaction score
Well my thought was that the twist and set would fill the gap and feed into the waste pipe and sit on top of the tile

The problem is the rubber is slightly too large to fit in the pipe.

diyinnm-02.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Plumbers tend to dislike all plastic flanges...they tend to have the slots break where the toilet bolts go over time. Plus, with the hole you have, you cannot properly support and anchor the flange to the floor.

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
That does not look like the end of the pipe that I see there in the photo. It looks like a coupling or part of another fitting.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks