Toilet connectors

Users who are viewing this thread

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
What do you all think about SS flex braided toilet connectors with metal nut, vs. plastic? Some apartments and hotels are insisting on those now, apparently because they have experienced a flood caused by a broken plastic nut. I worry that the metal nut can too-easily be cross-threaded or overtightened on a typical plastic ballcock shank.

Last edited by a moderator:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
supply

I use a quality supply line so it has not happened to any that I use, but if the customer was willing to pay extra, then I would have no problem using a metal nut. More floods have been caused by broken supply lines than from broken nuts.

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
The plastic female half of a plastic/plastic or a metal/plastic marriage is more likely to fail than the male because the female is under tension and the male under compression.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
My supplier brings in Aquaflo for my supplies. I've never had a problem with them.
I've sold thousands of them.

I used to use Fluidmaster, but the nut could crack where it mated to the fill valve.

Updated 11/30/2017
The new PRO series from Fluidmaster have been working great. :)

old-toilet-supply-line.jpg

Updated 4/23/2021
Still using Fluidmaster PRO series, the Mightyflex on the right was laying around in my garage ready to be tossed.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks