Toilet comparison: Toto Carolina vs. Toto Supreme

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by Ami, Nov 29, 2011.

1. Ami

Ami New Member

Can anyone advise me regarding the comparison between the Supreme with the Carolina Toto toilets? It seems that outside of one being "skirted" and the other not they are almost identical. Can you let me know what your recommendation between these two is? Also -- outside the aesthetic issue are there functional issues related to whether a toilet is skirted or not?
    Thank you very much -- Ami
  2. Gary Swart

Gary Swart In the Trades

They are quite similar, but the Supreme uses the Unifit adapter which is a different way of installing the toilet. This adapter is quite useful if you are installing the toilet on either a 10" or 14" rough in. (The standard rough in is 12".) This means the toilet will set properly on any of the 3 rough in flanges. The Carolina is for a 12" rough in, but would install OK on a 14" rough in but would leave an extra 2" between the toilet and wall. Installation of the Unifit costs more than a conventional toilet. All of the other features of the toilets seem comparable. You can see the specs on these toilets by following the "Toilet Review" link at the top of this page, then "Shopping" on the following page, then "Toto". Scroll through the various models to find your choices. I think either toilet would be an excellent choice.
  3. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

A skirted toilet has fewer nooks and crannies to accumulate dust, lint, and other crud. Other than that, it's a personal choice.