Toilet comparison: Toto Carolina vs. Toto Supreme

Users who are viewing this thread

Ami

Reaction score
Can anyone advise me regarding the comparison between the Supreme with the Carolina Toto toilets? It seems that outside of one being "skirted" and the other not they are almost identical. Can you let me know what your recommendation between these two is? Also -- outside the aesthetic issue are there functional issues related to whether a toilet is skirted or not?
Thank you very much -- Ami

ms864114e-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
They are quite similar, but the Supreme uses the Unifit adapter which is a different way of installing the toilet. This adapter is quite useful if you are installing the toilet on either a 10" or 14" rough in. (The standard rough in is 12".) This means the toilet will set properly on any of the 3 rough in flanges. The Carolina is for a 12" rough in, but would install OK on a 14" rough in but would leave an extra 2" between the toilet and wall. Installation of the Unifit costs more than a conventional toilet. All of the other features of the toilets seem comparable. You can see the specs on these toilets by following the "Toilet Review" link at the top of this page, then "Shopping" on the following page, then "Toto". Scroll through the various models to find your choices. I think either toilet would be an excellent choice.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
A skirted toilet has fewer nooks and crannies to accumulate dust, lint, and other crud. Other than that, it's a personal choice.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks