toilet clearence behind base

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by spaceriqui, Jul 19, 2014.

1. spaceriqui

spaceriqui New Member

I am looking to replace an American Standard toilet in my house. It has a 12" rough-in, but the problem is that there is a heating air vent that takes up almost 2.75 inches and slopes up towards the wall. See attached picture.

Most toilets I have seen don't have that much clearance in the back towards the wall and have a larger foot print, which interferes with the vent. Does anyone have any recommendations as to what quality toilet may work? I would rather not mess with the duct.

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. wjcandee

wjcandee Wise One

The Toto Drake has about 1-3/4" from the rear of the china to the wall on a rough-in that is exactly 12". So that's not going to do it for you...
  3. Reach4

Reach4 Active Member

4. wjcandee

wjcandee Wise One

The Rowan dual-flush has a two-inch flush valve and an odd trapway, but it still gets a MAP rating of more than 800, so it must not totally suck (anything over 500 is fine). Still, it's not going to have the flushing power of a Drake if/when it needs it.
  5. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

You can install a Cadet Pro in that location.
    That bowl has more room behind it. I also have used them for their 10" rough ablity with their space saver 10" tank. Not that you would use that here.

[​IMG]
    Cadet Pro elongated bowl
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2014
  6. spaceriqui

spaceriqui New Member

Thank you all for the replies. I ended up with the American Standard Cadet Pro. Thank you Terry and your son Jamie for the wonderful service and installation.

Attached Files:

Terry likes this.