Toilet change to comfort height 2006 Trophy Park Home model?

Users who are viewing this thread

surfsalterpath

Reaction score
.....want to change the original toilet in our 2006 Trophy Park Model mobile home to the "comfort height" toilet. The existing bolt down toilet bolts are 12" to the REAR WALL. Does that mean I can buy any "comfort height" toilet from Lowes, Home Depot etc that has the 12" bolt down set back?
Many THANKS!

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
It's called a 12-inch "rough in". That's going to give you the widest range of toilets. Most will have some distance between the back of the tank and the wall, and thus would fit on 11.75" or whatever. With the full 12", the world is your oyster.

This assumes, of course, that your mobile home uses a standard-design toilet, which it sounds like it does. You would know this better than I.

But note that while you COULD buy any comfort height toilet from Lowes, HD, etc., you don't WANT to, because many of them suck at flushing. I can tell you that HD has a $99 elongated comfort height toilet that works very well and is surprisingly well-made, the Glacier Bay. Also, have a look at Terry's toilet review section and the articles on here.

surfsalterpath

Reaction score
It's called a 12-inch "rough in". That's going to give you the widest range of toilets. Most will have some distance between the back of the tank and the wall, and thus would fit on 11.75" or whatever. With the full 12", the world is your oyster.

This assumes, of course, that your mobile home uses a standard-design toilet, which it sounds like it does. You would know this better than I.

But note that while you COULD buy any comfort height toilet from Lowes, HD, etc., you don't WANT to, because many of them suck at flushing. I can tell you that HD has a $99 elongated comfort height toilet that works very well and is surprisingly well-made, the Glacier Bay. Also, have a look at Terry's toilet review section and the articles on here.

.....awesome! I like having the "toilet world" being my "oyster"!!!!!
Thanks for the advice!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks