toilet burping

Users who are viewing this thread

milpol78

Reaction score
Just yesterday my toilet started burping and will not flush is it just clogged or is there a venting problem. Before u did have to hold the handle to make it flush. I can get the water to drain from toilet if a plunger is used. this is a dwnstairs room. When the kids took there bath last night we drained the water and checked the bath room downstairs and the the toilet and sink were filled with bubbles so not sure whats goin on here.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
You need to stop running water down the drain and call in a pro to clean out your sewer line. It is blocked.

milpol78

Reaction score
would it be good to rent a closet auger or a sewer snake to attempt removing the clog

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Pretty doubtful that either a closet auger or hand snake will be able to clear the blockage. I never say never, but usually a clogged drain is either to deep to reach or if you can reach it, it will just go in deeper. Sometimes hand snakes just push through the clog without breaking it up. You could certainly try either or both, but I would not spend much time with them. A professional plumber with a "real" auger is probably what you are looking at. Don't put chemical cleaner in. They don't work and will create a potential hazard for the plumber.

Bombjay

Reaction score
Right Gary!
This sounds a bit unusal as the inside main is plugged.
A drain pro will need to pull the toilet and snake from there.
Clogs in mains on upper stories are rare but do happen.
What media are your drain pipes there?
Plastic,Cast iron, Lead (EEeeeeeeeeeeeeeee......)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks