Toilet bowl not refilling properly, help please

Users who are viewing this thread

billdz

Reaction score
Hello folks,

Could someone explain to me what is happening with my Kohler toilet? When I flush and the water starts to refill, there appears to be some sort of blockage in the incoming water flow. The incoming water starts and stops, like it is being choked and then released. I made a short video of this problem at:

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
b

Reach4

Reaction score
Replacing the fill valve would be an easy fix. It could be that the existing fill valve could be fixed, but replacing the fill valve is a pretty sure cure.

Fluidmaster and Korky make replacements. http://m.korky.com/landing.php is a Korky finder.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
That looks like a Korky valve, and if so, you need to replace the seal which costs about $3 and takes a minute or so to replace. While you're at it, your flapper valve doesn't look too healthy, either. IF the center of the thing is starting to collapse and the rim is no longer horizontal, but slanted, it is on its last legs, too.

Pull the white plastic cap off of the fill valve, and if it is made by Korky, there's a float in there easily removed by pinching the arms to get if off of the pivot, then beneath that is a cap. That cap comes off with about a 1/4-turn, throw it away, replace with a new one and put the float, cover, and refill hose back in, and you're done.

It might not be a Korky valve, but it does look like it. You can view the cap replacement video on Korky's website and compare before you go further.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
That looks like a Korky valve, and if so, you need to replace the seal which costs about $3 and takes a minute or so to replace. While you're at it, your flapper valve doesn't look too healthy, either. IF the center of the thing is starting to collapse and the rim is no longer horizontal, but slanted, it is on its last legs, too.

Pull the white plastic cap off of the fill valve, and if it is made by Korky, there's a float in there easily removed by pinching the arms to get if off of the pivot, then beneath that is a cap. That cap comes off with about a 1/4-turn, throw it away, replace with a new one and put the float, cover, and refill hose back in, and you're done.

It might not be a Korky valve, but it does look like it. You can view the cap replacement video on Korky's website and compare before you go further.

Last edited by a moderator:

billdz

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, it is working now. The Korky 528 fill valve just needed a quick cleaning. Took about 3 minutes following the instructions at

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks