Toilet bowl crack

Users who are viewing this thread

Guoan Zhong

Reaction score
Recently I bought two toilets from homedepot. The first one is a Kohler Cimarron, it has a crack on the bowl bottom. Should I worry about the leakage? The second one is a Toto Entrada. It has a patch in the bottom. It looks wired to me. Is it normal?

Attachments

• IMG_20170320_091310.jpg
    IMG_20170320_091310.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 258
  • IMG_20170320_091114.jpg
    IMG_20170320_091114.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 235
Last edited by a moderator:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Since you can't see the other side of that crack, it could be inside of the waste path...I think that I'd exchange it. As to the Toto, that may be normal. Especially with the skirted design, there may be bits that need to be assembled, and then covered up to complete the assembly. Keep in mind that the parts must fit into a mold to then put the clay into, then it has to be fired. You have to be able to get it out of the mold, so you need some room to maneuver. Terry would have a better idea since he sees a huge amount of toilets.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I doesn't look like the crack on the bottom of the Kohler bowl will be an issue.
I don't think that's part of the trapway there anyway.

The Entrada bowls looks okay too.
The bottom of the bowls will never look as good as the part they expect you to be looking at. That part will never see daylight.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks