Toilet and tub tied in together NO VENT! Finished bathroom

Users who are viewing this thread

Plumber69

In the Trades
Reaction score
Guy flushes toilet sucks the shit out of the tub drain cause theres no vent. Ive never heard such suction before in my life. Everything is finished. He told me it did the same thing before he renovated. But of course he plumbed it all back in the same as it was. Toilet 90's over then 90's down then a 3x2 inch wye which picks up the tub. which is ovisiouly s trapped.
adding a 2 inch aav is the only way i can think of to do it. Ill have to vent it up beside the waste and overflow.. sneak it past out to a wall he cut open above. And stick a 2" aav.

Attachments

• how it is.jpg
    how it is.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 193
  • how going to be.jpg
    how going to be.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 197

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I like your second drawing. That should do it.
I see a lot of that in cabin plumbing. People installing plumbing, not knowing the science behind it, why it works, and why it matters.
When that water siphons out of the tub trap, it gets pretty bad on septic. I was at a friends house in the kitchen, and hanging by the kitchen sink. It was an awful smell, and we were cooking dinner. It was so strange. So I looked under the kitchen sink. A nice deep stainless undermouted on granite. The sink was so deep that the didn't bother installing a p-trap on it. It was a horrible smell. :(

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks