Toilet and Shower Dimensions

Users who are viewing this thread

Lenn

Reaction score
I am in the process of laying out a bathroom in my basement, my space is limited. I am considering a 36" or 39" neo angled shower stall. I would prefer the larger 39" shower stall but then this reduces the area (width) around the toilet to 27". What's the minimum width for a toilet ? Is there code requirement for this dimension ?

Thanks
Lenn

dukes

Reaction score
wheelchair access shower

Hello, I am building a new bedroom for my adult daughter. She wants a wheelchair shower like one in a motel she recently stayed in. She said it had almost no lip, yet because the floor drained away from the lip slightly there was almost no floor water outside the stall. Does anyone have experience and advice with these? I understand the floor framing has to be lowered underneath the stall. I would really appreciate a lead on construction details, because the more specific my plans are the less trouble I am likely to have with inspectors. Thanks, Bill (Dukes)

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Check out www.johnbridge.com. They specialize in tiling and showers. There have been several projects on this subject recently, so you can start your own thread and read the experiences of others, along with viewing some of the finished pictures.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks