Toilet Advice for people with medical conditions

Users who are viewing this thread

EKDEAN

Reaction score
Hello All,

I am in the middle of a complete bathroom remodel. I thought my mind was made up on installing the Toto Aquia Dual Flush. I like the feature of dual flush (I live in the desert), and the sleek design on the outside of the toilet makes cleaning it easier. After reading CR 8/09 and a website dedicated to TOTO reviews, confusion has set in.

My husband has sever IBS and cleaning the old toilet is a daily must, as fecal matter always clings due to mucus. I'm not meaning to be gross or offensive, this is my reality. Please don’t offer any advice on his diet, as that is not why I am here.

I am seeking advice on What Brand and Model flushes down the bowl insides the best. Large solid waste is not the problem, nor is excessive toilet paper. A 2 piece toilet, water sense, 12" Rough in, under $500. Dual flush would be nice but not required, my contractor/plumber is doing the install.
Thank You for understanding this embarrassing problem and your professional thoughts/advice is much appreciated. You can reply here, however my e-mail is dean.elaine AT gmail.com. For spam purposes, you need to replace the AT with @ and take out the spaces.

EDIT: Yes I am going to purchasing a bidet seat. The local plumbing supply/showroom told me electricity was all that was needed, so I had the electrician install an extra outlet low on the wall. IS THIS TRUE??? I do not need an extra water line plumbed for the bidet toilet seat model (toto).

Last edited by a moderator:

Peanut9199

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale
Reaction score
I would not go with the Aquia because of the small water area in the bowl, this goes for all of the dual flush toilets on the market.

I would look at something that has a high gloss finish in the Toto line they call it "CEFIONTECT" it won't stop it getting dirty but reduce and will make it easier to clean or clear.
I would also look at something that has a good rim wash, in Toto it is the "Double Cyclone" flush and it also does not have those holes under the rim that get dirty.

The Drake II (Gwyneth) would be my choice for what your looking for it is #CST454CEFG it also it "Universal Height" better for getting up and down and also it only 1.28gpf.
You would have to check your local store for the price but Terry sells them for $374.99.
http://terrylove.biz/toilets/11-toto-drake-ii-128-gpf.html

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Maybe a bowl with more water in it would be better. The Drake II may be better, or the Drake with CEFIONTECT.

The bidet seat uses the same water as the toilet supply, it just tees off of that.
An electrical plug is all you need.

[video=youtube;HCao3h72dEE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCao3h72dEE[/video]

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks