Toilet addition

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by brian1959, Mar 19, 2009.

1. brian1959

brian1959 New Member

I need to add a toilet to an existing waste line. I am not sure if the vent I am planning is good or if the use of the y and some 45 degree elbow is ok. Could someone please check my sketch and let me know

Link to sketch below
    [​IMG]

Thanks any input is appreciated.

Brian
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2009
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

dwv

Some inspectors would require that you use a combination Y-1/8 bend, or similar, in place of the san tee. Experienced plumbers would use different fittings than you show to make the connections, but yours will work.
  3. gss01

gss01 New Member

sanitary tees can't lay horizontal and wye's can't be vertical.
  4. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

fittings

Tees CAN be horizontal for vent connections in some areas, AND whether a Y can be vertical or not depends on what it is being used for.
  5. brian1959

brian1959 New Member

Thanks

Just wanted to say thanks for the help
  6. nhmaster

nhmaster Master Plumber

IPC allows the use of a horizontal san tee for venting provided the vertical rise does not receive the wast form any fixtures. (it must be dry)