To dual flush or not

Users who are viewing this thread

Fritz57

Reaction score
I would like to replace our 10yo Am Stand toilet. It's been a dog since day one, seldom flushing consistently.
Since my spouse would probably prefer AS, I am looking at one of their dual flush pieces.

3381.216.020 is what Lowes has, though the question is for any push button dual flush toilet.
If I need to (hopefully not) do maintenance on it, is the push button dual flush mechanism a pita to service?

SamC

Reaction score
It is unlikely that you could find replacement parts for a dual-flush mechanism at a local big box or hardware store. But you can almost certainly find a suitable replacement flapper for a 1.28 gal. model. Many dual-flush designs are wash-down rather than siphon-jet, having steep bowls with small water spots.

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
If you want a toilet in that price range that flushes exceptionally-well, check out the Toto Entrada (CST244EF) and the Toto Drake (CST744E). Don't buy at HD, because their Toto prices are crazy-high in most cases. Check around locally. Pull out the yellow pages and call a plumbing supply in your area -- actually call several, like 5 -- and one of them will be nice and have a good price on these toilets. Most of the rest will be high or obnoxious. The Toto Aquia dual-flush is a wonderful, reliable dual-flush, but it is more expensive. The two I cited have amazing flushes and should be very satisfying.

Gusherb94

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Nobody bothers to choose the right flush on a dual flush anyway, so what's the point? Most of them don't even make sense as to which button is even what. I believe people usually just press both.

If I actually wanted to save as much water as possible, I would go with a 1.0 GPF Toto or the Niagara Stealth which is .8 GPF.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks