Tiny bathroom remodel

Users who are viewing this thread

Zachary Yarnes

Reaction score
This is the bathroom of my cabin, which is being slowly remodeled. It was built by a guy who kinda just figured out what he was doing as he did it and was completely unusable. The sink was in the already crowded bedroom. I'm remodeling the entire house with used materials (plumbing and electrical systems aside). I found the toilet, sans lid, at a thrift store in Austin, the sink and shower pan at Habitat here in San Antonio, and the other things in various other places. Attached here are some "Befores"....current pics in the reply

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    71.1 KB · Views: 323
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    49.6 KB · Views: 350
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    46.7 KB · Views: 359

Zachary Yarnes

Reaction score
Current photos

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    83.5 KB · Views: 342
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    75.9 KB · Views: 340
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    76.9 KB · Views: 353

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
A couple of things: first, congrats on this huge endeavor, many people wouldn't consider a task that large. Second, though, Texas is one of those states that makes it illegal to sell, install, or reuse any plumbing fixture that doesn't meet the current water saving/energy requirements. Your toilet probably does not meet those standards, and, the law precludes anyone from installing one, even a homeowner. Then, the code requires at least 15", either side of the centerline of the toilet (i.e., at a minimum of a 30" space) to install a toilet. While you might not care about this, it still, technically applies, and could be problematic later on if you wish to sell the place, plus, it does make things messy unless you're really petite.

Zachary Yarnes

Reaction score
I'm well aware of all that, the toilet is 1.6gpf, faucet is 1.2 gpm, etc. This is not the house I live in, just a weekend cabin, the entire house is very small and there's no way to realistically enlarge the bathroom, which is why I went for such a small toilet to begin with. There are many other obstacles to selling it lol, the entire house was built with no permits and part of it is on the neighboring lot (the neighbor is the one who built this house, you guys should see his other one!), got to love the county! Being that this is a weekend spot I'm just looking to get it done & nice looking for as little as possible, I love using reclaimed materials because it's affordable and it gives that eclectic look I like so much lol.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks