Timer

Discussion in 'Irrigation / Sprinkler Forum' started by cameron, Jul 14, 2008.

1. cameron

cameron New Member

I am currently using a submersible well pump without pressure tank or switch to irrigate lawn from river I just turn on and turn off what can I use to turn the pump on at a certain time every day. What would you recommend using and how would I wire it I was thinking about a hot water heater timer or something. It has to be 220 Volt. or if you have any other ideas please let me know.

2. valveman

valveman Cary Austin Staff Member

Pump Controls Technician
    A swimming pool pump timer will work. Or you can get a sprinkler timer with a pump start relay.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Plumber
    A water heater timer is 220/240v so that is all you need.

5. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots Sprinkler Guy

Intermatic makes a timer for the specific purpose of operating the 220 sprinkler pump, and with a mechanical indexing valve, more than one zone can be operated from the same controller.

6. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots Sprinkler Guy

R8806P101C is Intermatic's sprinkler controller for pumps feeding indexing valves. Indexing valves are purely mechanical, and work in conjunction with a controller like this. Each time the controller turns on the pump, the valve guides the water to another zone. The controller shuts off the pump for a few minutes between zones, which is a necessary part of the operation of an indexing valve. 4 zones is as few as indexing valves are made for, but you can modify them to operate less zones, using parts supplied by the manufacturer.