Timer

Discussion in 'Irrigation / Sprinkler Forum' started by cameron, Jul 14, 2008.

1. cameron

cameron New Member

I am currently using a submersible well pump without pressure tank or switch to irrigate lawn from river I just turn on and turn off what can I use to turn the pump on at a certain time every day. What would you recommend using and how would I wire it I was thinking about a hot water heater timer or something. It has to be 220 Volt. or if you have any other ideas please let me know.
  2. valveman

valveman Moderator Staff Member

A swimming pool pump timer will work. Or you can get a sprinkler timer with a pump start relay.
  3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

A water heater timer is 220/240v so that is all you need.
  4. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots Sprinkler Guy

Intermatic makes a timer for the specific purpose of operating the 220 sprinkler pump, and with a mechanical indexing valve, more than one zone can be operated from the same controller.
  5. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots Sprinkler Guy

R8806P101C is Intermatic's sprinkler controller for pumps feeding indexing valves. Indexing valves are purely mechanical, and work in conjunction with a controller like this. Each time the controller turns on the pump, the valve guides the water to another zone. The controller shuts off the pump for a few minutes between zones, which is a necessary part of the operation of an indexing valve. 4 zones is as few as indexing valves are made for, but you can modify them to operate less zones, using parts supplied by the manufacturer.