Timer Install

Users who are viewing this thread

Coopns

Reaction score
The old timer went (not sure if it is old). I ordered exact replacement Intermatic T101. I still have it hooked up, I think I can do it, only 3 wires but I'm a bit concerned with it being so close to panel. See pic. As long as I shut that breaker off, should be ok right? Timer feeds in to the panel through conduit and connects to breaker. The pic has a green arc around the metal conduit that feeds in to panel (breaker).

Picture of Timer:
[video]https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7Erx2QA6G6oZnBiSmJ5NWtwcTQ/edit?usp=sharing[/video]

Any advice/recommendations? I can shut the whole house power switch too but should be ok with just that breaker?

Let me know.

Reach4

Reaction score
Make sure you turn off the right breaker.

This is not to say a homeowner is allowed to do this replacement in your area.

I am not a pro.

Last edited:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
If you have the exact timer, you should be able to just detach the wires, after labeling them, pop the mechanism out, pop the new one in and reconnect the wires EXACTLY as they were It originally. It goes without saying, that you turn off the power to that circuit first. My concern is that if you have to ask if you have to power off the entire house, whether you should be doing this yourself in the first place.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks