Time for final decision

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by danshe, Dec 10, 2009.

1. danshe

danshe New Member

I'm buying my toilet tomorrow. I have a couple of final questions.

Is there any data as to whether people are happier with the single flush Toto's vs the dual flush- or vice versa?

The Drake II is very close in price to the Eco Drake with Sanifloss at my local store. Given that would it be better to go with the Drake 2?

And does the Drake 2 work as well with low water pressure in an old home?
  2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

As to which is best, people have different priorities. The ratio to #1 and #2 flushes on an Aquia is about the same volume as you'd get with the eco flush systems using the same for all. The Aquia, because it must empty the bowl with a #1 flush has a smaller water spot, which is a consideration for some.

Water pressure might cause the refill to be a little slower, but will have NO effect on the flush at all.
  3. danshe

danshe New Member

Thanks. That is a factor for me.

I wish I could buy from Terry- the prices I've found are still more than his but, short of buying via the internet, I think I've found the lowest prices.
  4. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

The trouble with that question, is people see things differently.

My GF goes with the Aquia dual flush.
    She likes the two buttons, and the bowl that is easy to clean on the outside.

My son likes the single flush Drake.

And the Drake II, comfort height with Sanagloss has it's backers.
  5. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

dual flush

And the problems with a dual flush is getting the user to use the correct button, and/or getting him to use the low flush one at all.
  6. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Her grand kids have no problem figuring out the buttons.