Time between cycles.

Users who are viewing this thread

TruckkerJoe

Reaction score
Total cycle time
Trying to determin what might be freezing up?
Regenerate time goes as followed.
445 to 500=15min. backwash.
500 to 530=30min. brine rinse.
530 to 625=65min. rapid rinse.
625 to 635=10min. settle rinse.
635 to 650=15min. brine refill.
650 to 720=30min. DONE.
total= 2.45 Is this OK?
Anyway cleaned out ever thing screen/injector/seals spacers/brine valve,all had little dirt!! so after the head was off and turning hand wheel was quite easy,started looking at the timer,looked good I'am thinking the main gear shaft (piston) and spacer need replaced?because after instaling spacer/piston could not move hand wheel without some extra force.If anyone leans towards piston or spacer do I need to buy a rebuild kit or just the piston? What do you workers think? THANK-YOU ALL.

Reach4

Reaction score
Rapid rinse for 65 minutes? that doesn't sound right. Maybe somebody will be able to figure out what kind of softener you have, or you could just say kind of softener you have.

TruckkerJoe

Reaction score
Reach4 Thanks!! This unit is a fleck5600E head on a 10x54 and I was told a total 145 for a proper regen. time?I also seen some older post that it may be a brine valve but the spacer/piston was pretty hard to turn by hand and got even harder when I bolted down the stainless plate…..this is about 3years old?Someone might help this greenhorn out!!

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
The seal/spacer kit and piston should be changed at the same time. Unless the piston looks perfect, replace it.

The brine valve is a cheap and simple part to replace, dont forget the o-ring under the brine valve too.

Regeneration times are not exact, there are many variables to consider. Ultra high efficiency systems may regenerate longer, or shorter depending on the valves programming and the engineers designs but the 5600SE follow fairly basic design parameters.

Backwash 5-10 minutes
Brine and rinse, 45-85 minutes (depending on slat amount, injector size etc.), 60 is most common
Fast rinse 5-10 minutes
Brine fill needs to be calculated exactly for prpoer system efficiency. See the brine refill sticker on the valve to determine the BLFC size and we can help you out more.

TruckkerJoe

Reaction score
It's really refreshing to get not only the answer that someone is looking for…plus extra text in regards to there questions!! is very rare my hats off to these people.Ditto what size is your head??You shoud be a writer after hours,ok my white-lable/sticker doesn't have any readable text but when I cleaned it out 2.0 BLFC is what was in-it if memory seves???Anyway I will replace what you suggested, Keep teaching brainy act ___head.L.O.L:eek:

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
LOL, the BLFC (brine line flow control) of 2.0 is probably the DLFC (Drain line flow control). 2.0 is correct assuming normal temperatures for a 9" tank. Standard softeners should backwash at approximately 5 GPM per Sq. Ft.

4.5x4.5x3.14/144x5=2.2 GPM Of course, this is temperature dependent.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks