Tile Tip of the Day - tidbits of info to help hone your skills

Users who are viewing this thread

ShowerDude

Showers
Reaction score
Tile tip of the day.

Dont back yourself into a corner. Force the client to order more tile, rather than force yourself to lose sleep.

i have 21 porcelenosa tiles. the wall requires 18.

factor in a window detail, Niche shelf cutouts, pan and ceiling long rips plus 1/16" tolernaces etc.

10% overgae does not always work !

Last edited:

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
I heard you love all the wood, from all the Chubby's. What is not to love. it can get wet. Stay soaked and does not rot or turn to mush. The wood is pretend wood and made from recycled plastic.

whipple-09.jpg

The tip I like to play with and get just right. Short soft strokes with the box cutter or you might break your chubby.

I handed out a couple today to the English Glazers. He comes back after forever and sees me and laughs out loud. Says,,,,, "you still tiling that shower!" then laughs again. Douche Bag.

Ten minutes later I'm heading down the stairs and him and his three man crew are all working their phones doing jack squat. He says - "So what are we doing?"

I jump in with no lost time and say "Looks like you all are $%&&*ing the Dog" LOL - they all laugh out loud. Awesome come back.

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
I like it John, the butech detail and all the photos on your google plus page...

did you go with those LOng miter rips for picture frame? gonna be a sweet steam castle

I used my snap cutter for those cuts Erik. Score - Snap. Done. Used the snap cutter for the miners too. Got it close to an 1/8" and fine tuned them with the 200 grit diamond polish pad. Dry of course. No water. I like to abuse my tools. $^^(ing one of my riders just stopped working last week. Now I need t change the blade to the pad all the time. That sucks and wastes so much time.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks