Tile cleaning disaster

Users who are viewing this thread

wackydac

Reaction score
I had a cleaning service clean and strip my 500 sq.' of porcelian tile.They were in my house for ten hours in a two day peroid.Well they stripped everything except my pants.Furniture walls you name it they got stripper over everything.My question is they used Zep industrial floor stripper on my tile.It say's on the bottle not for natural stone.They used about 4 gallons all told and left it on the floor two hours or more.My grout is cracking and im afraid the tile is etched and the tile bleached and destroyed.What do you think?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
cleaner

What do I think? I think that I would hope they are a "legitimate" company with a good insurance agent. If there was any damage, it would be their responsibility to have it corrected.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
I don't understand why porcelain tile needs to be "stripped". What was on it?

What took anybody 3 days to clean a 20X25 room?

Where was the natural stone, and why did they do anything to it if you hired them to clean the porcelain? Did any one on this crew speak English?

wackydac

Reaction score
the first crew spoke english. the second crew spoke a little.they were better than the first.then the english speaking crew came back and splattered stripper over everything. there was silicone sealer on the tile to give it a shine. problem is they used the wrong stripper.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
I suggest you consult an attorney. I suspect that a "company" that would do this may not be licensed, bonded, or insured so you may need to attach any assets the owner has. If push comes to shove, the soon you have an attorney gathering information the better off you'll be. Even if he has insurance, the insurance company may balk at a settlement, and you can't fight them alone.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks