tightening dwv test plugs

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by calex, Apr 7, 2013.

1. calex

calex New Member

How tight should test plugs be? Is there any danger of breaking the abs by overtightening?

[​IMG]
  2. kreemoweet

kreemoweet New Member

Tight enough so that it don't leak, what else can we say. The bolt will shear off or pull through the plastic before it breaks the pipe.
  3. cacher_chick

cacher_chick Test, Don't Guess!

I've never found any need to tighten one tighter than I could get it with my bare hands. I thought I had one leaking during one test, but it turned out that the leak was actually through the foam-core PVC pipe.