Tie-in parts list

Users who are viewing this thread

J C

Reaction score
I recently had my sewer line replaced using trenchless pipe-bursting. It was later discovered that my home had two lines running to the sewer and one had not been tied in. The company that did the pipe-bursting agreed to come back and tie the line in for the cost of parts. The parts list included, among other things, 4 sheer couplings, an ABS wye, an ABS 2-way cleanout and an ABS combo. I took a picture of the tie-in before the riser was installed and all the dirt was put back (I didn't get a chance to take a picture after the riser was installed but before the dirt was put back). Maybe I missed them, but I didn't see the combo or the fourth sheer coupling. Would it be likely that those were used in the installation of the riser?
20150212_124646.jpg

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Not likely and as far as I am concerned that "2 way cleanout" is completely worthless, especially if the line plugs up and the riser it full of water.

J C

Reaction score
Forgive my ignorance, but can you explain why the 2-way clean-out is worthless?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks