Ticking ceiling fan

Discussion in 'Electrical Forum discussion & Blog' started by kevinm2, Jul 5, 2008.

1. kevinm2

kevinm2 New Member

I installed a 52 inch Hunter ceiling fan and also a remote control that was bought seperately.
    The problem that I have is after the fan has been on high for 30 minutes(almost to the second) it starts "ticking".
    It dosen't happen on any other speed and will stop when I change speeds.
    It only lasts for 10 minutes.
    The fan does not wobble and the pull chains are not hitting it.

I think it's coming from the remote because it sounds like a switch clicking but my friend doesn't think so.

It's very annoying because I read before I go to sleep and it starts clicking right when I'm ready to fall asleep.

Any suggestions?
    Did I give enough info?
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2008
  2. Chris75

Chris75 Electrician

Its not the small piece of chain hitting the fan body is it? If its not that, just return the fan and get a new one.
  3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

tick

Check for loose fan blades.