Three handle Gerber repair

Users who are viewing this thread

baytree

Reaction score
Have an early 1970 Gerber three handle setup in the tub/shower. Want to disassemble to replace guts and clean hardware. When I pull the handles there is a second serrated handle underneath. How do I remove this part to get to the guts of the unit?

Smellslike$tome

Plumbing Company Owner
Reaction score
Website
www.themastersplumbingco.com
There should only be one handle per stem associated with this faucet. Under the handle should be one of two types of escutcheons. Under this will be either the faucet stems or depending on which type of escutcheon you have there may be an escutcheon nipple threaded into the stem.

Based on your post I really have to refer you to a similar post regarding price pfister faucet repair in this same forum (shower & bathtub forum). You should seriously consider whether this is something you want to tackle.

baytree

Reaction score
Maybe I didn't make myself clear, when I removed the screw and removed the "handle" I am faced with a 1 and 1/2" diameter serrated "knob" which the handle mated to. The question is , how do I remove this "knob"? This is an early 1970 Gerber model.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks