Threaded pipe drains

Users who are viewing this thread

Dayvr

Reaction score
Existing drains in house are all threaded. I've replaced most so far to the horizontal mains. The last one (which of course is clogged) is the sink in the master bath. This is 1 -1/4' all the way to the main, where it connects to a 1-1/2 or 2" by 1-1/4 ' bushing. it's near impossible to access this bushing as its against an outside wall and tight in the joists. my best option i believe is to dump it into a newer 1-1/2 plastic line that serves a tub and bathroom sink. (i know that's already too much). Any other ideas?

Reach4

Reaction score
If you upload a sharp picture of the problem area, somebody might have a better idea.

800 pixels or less, 200 KB or less.

Dayvr

Reaction score
https://goo.gl/photos/2shhRgPnaifgC2DV9
Here are a couple photos. I'm new to this. I tried to make them small but i'm not sure how successful I was. One pic is the sink drain as seen coming through the floor. The other is the sink drain entering the horizontal main with the bushing. tough to even get my phone up in there.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
That does look like a tough one. If you can cut and spin it out you would have a chance.
Or you may want to find an easier pipe to use. To spin out what you have will take a long wrench. 1-1/4" is an odd size now too. It's almost impossible to find fittings for those, certainly not what you would find off the shelf at a supply house.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Hopefully, you sistered on some support for that hacked up joist...otherwise, you may be in for some surprises as things start to sag!

Dayvr

Reaction score
Yes. 3/4" plywood glued to both sides and screwed through. Plus whatever else I can fit up in there. I hated doing that. Especially since it's right next to the toilet.

Dayvr

Reaction score
Thanks. i'll remember that next time. it's not closed up yet, so i may be able to do that.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks