Thoughts on the Sioux Chief "shower up"?

Users who are viewing this thread

Axil

Reaction score
I'm about to start remodeling my bathroom. After doing a little research realized pex was a no-no when plumbing the diverter to the shower and bath faucets.

The "Shower-up looks like it'd save me a lot of labor... Which makes me wonder what's the catch? Is there any downside to using a kit like this over soldering the thing together myself?

Thanks!

sioux_chief_shower_up.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Axil

Reaction score
That would be one way to do it.
Thanks for adding the pics/vid. That's exactly the video I had watched that got me interested in the system.

Is this in your opinion a good way to do it?

Any downsides i should know about over blocking and the like? It looks like i don't have control over the depth of the mounting with this system? Would that limit my options of trim kit and the like?

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
It looks to me that you can place the metal brakets within the framing, placing them where they need to go for the valve depth.
Every valve is different. I wish that wasn't so. As a plumber that carries trays of fittings on the van, I prefer to just solder up on the job. I buy valves that I can solder too. I remove the cartridge, solder up, and add the drop ear on the lower 90 at the last.
But this method works too. It depends on how you look at it. Sort of like some people prefer left handed layups, but going to the right works too. I like left handed because they shade me right. I can get five layups in before they realize that they've been "giving" me the left side.

Axil

Reaction score
I think you're right about being able to drop the bracket back into the frame (they should've probley showed an example of that in thier ad), that was my primary concern.

Looks like for my particular application, and given the fact i've not installed hundreds of showers like you pros, this is the way to go.

Thanks for your help.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks