This home is ready for inspection...

Users who are viewing this thread

Billy_Bob

In the Trades
Reaction score
Ready for the inspector! Think this will pass?

outlet.jpg

furnace.jpg

More...
(Don't be drinking coffee when you look at these pictures, else might get a bit on the keyboard!)
http://www.ashireporter.org/articles/articles.aspx?id=1560

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
I just have to relay an incident I had the other day with a Home Inspector...I was installing a garbage disposal and the HO asked if I could fix an electrical problem in the attic...the inspection report stated there was a splice in the wiring in the attic that needed to be placed in a JB with a cover...this sounded right and I told the HO I could take care of it for her...I spent 1/2 an hour combing the attic looking for a splice in the wiring but could not find a thing...so I called the Home Inspector to find out where the problem was..When he got on the phone he thought for a moment and said is there an unplugged yellow extension cord laying on the floor with a taped splice on it...I looked down and said yes...:eek:

he then proceeded to tell me that since the unplugged extension cord was in the attic it had to be spliced with wire nuts and the splice placed in a JB with a cover...BUT...if I removed it from the attic I didn't have to do anything...:confused:

I was utterly dumbfounded :confused: at this "inspectors" call out...

There are a lot of inspectors that should not be inspecting anything....

I am going to pick up on this guys idea and the next time I see a leaking garden hose I am going to tell the HO that his plumbing system has a leak and needs attention right away..:D

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
inspector

That is the kind of inspector I once told the city's head inspector, "If you could teach a chimpanzee to read the code book, he would be just as good as some of your inspectors. They know WHAT is in the code book, but do not know WHY it is there."

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks