Things to do while my ceiling is open...

Users who are viewing this thread

Aaron Brantley

Reaction score
Hello! I'm new here, look for some advice

I recently bought a house, it had really crappy popcorn ceiling in living room and possibly some water damage. So I decided to tear down the entire ceiling because I didn't want the popcorn ceiling anyway. First impression is good, though the dry wall looked like there had been damage, ply wood has no mold, looks stable and strong. Nevertheless, while my ceiling is down, I have a unique opportunity to add things, and insure the integrity of the plumbing I have easy access. Most of the drain pipes are from the 2nd floor, toliet,shower/tub,sinks etc, and pex carrying the running water.

I am really green with this stuff, but what would you guys do if you had easy access to a ceiling before you closed it back up? I posed the same question for electrical guys. I now have recessed lights, a closet light (for closet that should have had one originally ), speaker cable run for surround sound so cables aren't running all over the place, and other things.

I really don't want to be kicking myself that I didnt' do something now that would be so easy, but difficult later.

thanks!

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Unless there was some obvious problem, I would just put the drywall up. There are no plumbing "improvements" that go in the ceiling, unless you install a fire protection system.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks