Thermostat with fan on / off mode

Users who are viewing this thread

Mar3232

Reaction score
I'd like to find a thermostat with something unusual and that's a mode that will allow the fan to cycle on and off and let me put in on and off times aswell.

For example, on for 10 minutes once an hour (or something like that).

Reason I need it is I have a wood stove that heats the house well most of the time and would like to circulate the warm air through the house (the return is in the stove room).

I doubt it, but do they make a thermostat with that option? (all I've seen is auto with heat or cooling and the manual on/off).

Just the fan -- the cool or heat needs to stay OFF.

If not, I can build a timer myself.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Normally, the fan on/auto switch will work with the heat/off/cool switch in off. I've not seen one that periodically turns the fan on/off on its own, but there may be one.

Jp102

Reaction score
The Aprilaire 8466 thermostat has a "CIRC" mode. If there has not been a call for heat/cool in the last 20 minutes, it will kick on the fan for 10 minutes. I have one installed on a 2 story home with a walk out basement. It keeps the temperature differential between the three levels to a minimum.

Mar3232

Reaction score
Hey thanks -- sounds like what I need -- sp every 20 minutes, it will turn ON for 10 correct? I'll look it up on Google, maybe you can adjust that as well.

Thanks again.

Mar3232

Reaction score
Hey thanks -- sounds like what I need -- sp every 20 minutes, it will turn ON for 10 correct? I'll look it up on Google, maybe you can adjust that as well.

Thanks again.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks