Thermostat/Heating Home?

Users who are viewing this thread

rtorrez

Reaction score
My thermostat keeps coming on ever 2 minutes after it goes off. I am in Texas where we have all four seasons in one week. I keep my thermostat at 68 and the sucker keeps coming on just after it has shut off. I do have a programmable thermostat and it is in the largest room of the house, which is an open area to the kitchen, living room, and dining room. I think its location may also play a factor because it receives the air flow of two of the vents so the temperature will rise pretty quickly when it comes on.

I think I am also not giving the furnace a chance to stabalize the room temperature. Another thing that I am going to check is the attic insulation and checking the ducts for any possible leaks.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
If the vents actually blow on the thermostat, move the thermostat or adjust the vents! If the thermostat uses batteries, are they fresh? Are the connections tight?

rtorrez

Reaction score
I think I need to move the thermostat. The vents are the ones that go in three different directions and the air hits the thermostat directly. Batteries are good and the wires are tight. Going to move the thermostat before the cold comes in tonight.

Thanks for your reply....as always!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks