Thermostat for AC and Heating

Users who are viewing this thread

nhoj

Reaction score
I am looking for a new thermostat for my AC and Heating and I have replaced mine 3 times now and would like to know who makes top quality one's on the market?

I am tried of spending good money for High Priced Chap stiff that is Chinese junk.

Is there any made in America?

nhoj

Reaction score
Because they all went bad, they no longer work.

I would not have one if they worked.

I am tied of buying junk from China.

Now do you know of a HIGH QUALITY one?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Not to be snide or nasty, but you do know that many of the thermostats have batteries, and they do need to be replaced or they stop working? It somewhat depends on what features you're looking for in a thermostat. If you don't need setback or really tight temperature control, there are still some simple mechanical ones out there but I hear the mercury switches may kill them off soon, if it hasn't already (old stock may be around). Those typically last a very long time.

nhoj

Reaction score
I had a Tech look at all of them and all of them were bad. They did not need any batteries. They were all bad.

If you know of a very High Quality Thermostat and the brand name please let us know.

Like I have said that these China made ones are juck, if you can prove me wrong please do so.

Just how many things come from China and they are nothing but trouble or junk?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks