thermobalance(Hansgrohe) vs. thermostatic (Grohe)?

Users who are viewing this thread

hjchicago

Reaction score
Hello,
We're remodelling 2 bathrooms and am trying to choose the rough-ins for the kids' bath/shower combo. I would like to control both temperture and volume of water, and thus have ruled out pressure-balance. Our contractor and plumber both prefer Grohe by far to any other brand. I like the simplicity of the Hansgrohe thermobalance set-up, with just one control for temperature and volume. Has anyone had any problems with the Hansgrohe thermobalance II? Does it do the same thing as Grohe's thermostatic valve with 2 volume controls (for bath and tub)? The Hansgrohe is significantly cheaper. In fact, even the Hansgrohe Axor thermostatic valve is half the price of Grohe's thermostatic valve. Why is this? Is there a quality difference I should be aware of?

Thanks so much! I'm floundering and very much appreciate your help!

Peanut9199

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale
Reaction score
Hansgrohe is a cheaper brand than Grohe, everyone makes a thermostatic valve now adays but if you want quaity and reliability i would go with the Grohe.
The company used to be run by two brothers Hans and Fredrick Grohe.
Fredrick was mad because he was doing all the work and Hans was taking the money so they split up.

hjchicago

Reaction score
That's what our plumber says! But the sales people in the stores claim they are of the same quality so it has been confusing. I'm conflicted because I like the look of the Hansgrohe trim more.....

Peanut9199

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale
Reaction score
Check the warranty on Hansgrohe.
Grohe has a lifetime guaratee on thier product.
If Hansgrohe is the same and your handy enough to change parts when needed, than you should go for Hansgrohe.

GrumpyPlumber

Licensed Grump
Reaction score
Here's a thought...
A salesmans priority is to sell.
Whats a plumbers priority?
Thought not every plumber knows everything, I tend to sway with the opinion of a professional.
Peanut has proven very knowledgeable in the past and this thread is no exception.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks