Theodora toilet: Dual 0.65/1.28 Gallons per flush!

Users who are viewing this thread

Vic01

Reaction score
I was looking for info on how to buy a good water-conserving toilet and came across your review at https://terrylove.com/crtoilet.htm. Thank you for the details!

I was ready to pull the plug on this Theodora toilet by http://www.luxurymodernhome.com. What sold me is that it only uses 0.65 Gallons per flush (adjustable) & Full flush equals 1.28 Gallons per flush. It has, "Self-Cleaning glazed surface- would not scratch, rust, fade, or discolor", it is cUPC Approved and has G-Max Siphon.

I am not sure though that how good is the flushing power though. When I emailed them they say it is not tested for MaP but it is as good as their other toilets, which have MaP of >=350?? It has two good reviews online but otherwise it is an invisible toilet on internet. It is obviously made by another company and re-named by this seller. It will be awesome if you can please inform me and your other followers if this is any good as, if they are correct, one can not beat the water conservation here. Also, what do you think your site can sell it for, if you do recommend it?

Thank you for any assistance you can provide!

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
It looks like the kind of stuff we pull out and "recycle" to the dump.
The 2" flush valve looks pretty standard, but the trapway looks a bit small.
Would I sell that? No.

Last edited:

Vic01

Reaction score
It looks like the kind of stuff we pull out and "recycle" to the dump.
The 2" flush valve looks pretty standard, but the trapway looks a bit small.
Would I sell that? No.

Thank you for your prompt response! :)

- Which would be the closest water conserving dual flush toilet you would recommend, then? (This one is 0.65/128 GPF)
- How big a trapway you recommend at least?
- DO you even recommend a dual flush toilet?

Thanks!

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
That looks a lot like the Costco dual flush, similar parts and trapway design.
From my standpoint, being retail and installing, it has to be pretty darn good for me to sell it. Otherwise I'm on the phone with people that aren't happy. I love the "How are you going to make me happy?" customers.
I hand them a card for a counselor to deal with their general unhappiness about life. :)
The ones that can spend a bit, I sell them a good product and I'm done with it. Sometimes money does buy happiness.

The toilet pictured above does look nice.

In a low end product, I'm selling a lot of the TOTO Entrada.
$199.99 Round
$219.99 Elongated
Both will flush 1,000 grams on the MaP testing at 1.28 GPF

I sell a few of the TOTO Aquia toilets, which are dual flush.
TOTO makes a 1.0 GPF bowl in the Drake II which gets a rebate in Seattle.
Caroma makes a dual flush that I sell too. Those also get a rebate in Seattle.

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
I was intrigued that they mention a "G-Max siphon". I would have thought that GMax was a Toto trademark. With a 2" flush valve and a 300-ish MAP rating, it's definitely not a Toto GMax flush. Looking at the trapway design, it does not appear to have a double siphon like G-Max, and it looks odd at least to my eye. This smacks of Chinese manufacturers being very good at knocking off products, without a lot of sensitivity to issues like US intellectual-property law (e.g. patents, trademarks). They probably included that phrase in the marketing material for their product, and the companies buying it just included it in their description without thinking or checking.

In any event, the Aquia dual-flush is a stable, reliable product if you want dual-flush. Candidly, though, getting a good 1.28gpf bowl that you won't often have to flush twice (like the Toto Entrada) will go a long way towards efficient water use in your home, and is more than good enough to make your contribution to the environment.

Vic01

Reaction score
That looks a lot like the Costco dual flush, similar parts and trapway design.
From my standpoint, being retail and installing, it has to be pretty darn good for me to sell it. Otherwise I'm on the phone with people that aren't happy. I love the "How are you going to make me happy?" customers.
I hand them a card for a counselor to deal with their general unhappiness about life. :)
The ones that can spend a bit, I sell them a good product and I'm done with it. Sometimes money does buy happiness.

The toilet pictured above does look nice.

In a low end product, I'm selling a lot of the TOTO Entrada.
$199.99 Round
$219.99 Elongated
Both will flush 1,000 grams on the MaP testing at 1.28 GPF

I sell a few of the TOTO Aquia toilets, which are dual flush.
TOTO makes a 1.0 GPF bowl in the Drake II which gets a rebate in Seattle.
Caroma makes a dual flush that I sell too. Those also get a rebate in Seattle.

Thank you for the detailed reply(ies) :))

Vic01

Reaction score
I was intrigued that they mention a "G-Max siphon". I would have thought that GMax was a Toto trademark. With a 2" flush valve and a 300-ish MAP rating, it's definitely not a Toto GMax flush. Looking at the trapway design, it does not appear to have a double siphon like G-Max, and it looks odd at least to my eye. This smacks of Chinese manufacturers being very good at knocking off products, without a lot of sensitivity to issues like US intellectual-property law (e.g. patents, trademarks). They probably included that phrase in the marketing material for their product, and the companies buying it just included it in their description without thinking or checking.

In any event, the Aquia dual-flush is a stable, reliable product if you want dual-flush. Candidly, though, getting a good 1.28gpf bowl that you won't often have to flush twice (like the Toto Entrada) will go a long way towards efficient water use in your home, and is more than good enough to make your contribution to the environment.

Thank you for the kind explanation! :)

Vic01

Reaction score
Any time! Always a pleasure!

Sorry to disturb you again but One thing I thought later though that how Theodora toilet got the cUPC Approval & Watersense seal. Are these ratings that easy to get and is it possible to get them even if they are of low quality? Thanks!

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
Watersense just means it's a 1.28 that can clear a certain amount of stuff on 4 of 5 tries. The standards for performance were watered-down. So it's relatively-easy for a 1.28 to be "watersense", and thus qualify for a rebate from some water companies. Doesn't mean it's a great performer.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks