Recess a Kohler Medicine Cabinet

Users who are viewing this thread

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
It would not be a "custom" installation unless the bathroom fixture company has stopped making them. Now, you have to open more wall so you can offset the stack around the opening.

Vegas_sparky

Digital Billy
Reaction score
Those are the same med cabs I put in my daughters bathroom. What the hell have you done?!! LOL

You gonna get the shelves cut, and drill out the bazillion holes in the "new" sides, to match the existing? Where you gonna get two bazillion plugs for the holes you don't use for the shelves? I wanna see this.

FWIW, I just drilled (4) new holes in the sides, and pinned them with stainless panhead wood screws. The cleat crap is in a box in the garage, along with the side mirrors. You need any of that stuff?

Last edited:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
TO some people, money is no object. There's often a way, but it depends on the cost/benefit tolerance of the customer.

ShowerDude

Showers
Reaction score
This all could have been avoided in the planning stage.

the Main stack routed in a myriad of different wall cavitys.??

they failed to check with John....

ShowerDude

Showers
Reaction score
cut at will , and go ahead and feel good when youre happy client gets the mirror she wants in the location she wants....

nice work with the snips..

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks