the sink, not faucet, leaks... how to fix

Users who are viewing this thread

CubGirl

Reaction score
Hi everybody,

In a rental property, I discovered the actual sink leaks! I sprayed water around the sink and it leaks from two places. I know about the screws and plumbers putty (not sure if this sink has plumber's putty or silicone or nothing) and if necessary I could take it out and reinstall the whole thing. But whew, that's a lot of work.

Is there a way to just loosen the screws, disconnect the drains and risers, then prop up the sink an inch or so with pieces of wood in order to re-apply silicone or putty? Then I'd just let it drop back into place and reattach everything. Everything else seems ok (except for kooky plumbing). I just hate having to uninstall and reinstall the entire sink if it's not necessary.

Thanks for all your help. This is a great place...

Smooky

In the Trades
Reaction score
You could do that if you disconnect the drain and if there is enough slack in the water lines. After you have done all of that it is not a big deal to disconnect the hot and cold water line. You may be able to support the basin from the bottom so you could caulk all the way aound. You can try the easy way, if it works, great. If not, oh well you'll get there anyway.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks