The Putty Vrs Silicone battle!

Users who are viewing this thread

Plumber69

In the Trades
Reaction score
My thoughts, once you get use to silicone you will never use putty again. I hear lots of stories "don't use silicone, its impossible to remove..." not true. Silicone is by far superior. Why? I would like to hear your stories? I used putty for 5 years, till one day I had none in my van and didnt want to make a trip back to the shop..... So i used silicone...... The first few times, it was messy. Now Its all I use.

Once you get use to how little you have to use!

road house!

Last edited:

FullySprinklered

In the Trades
Reaction score
With the putty I can check for leaks on my sink drains right away. The silicone need to set up for a while. That being said I'd prefer the silicone maybe on a new house where the water is not yet on. Repairs and remodeling you have to leave the folks with a functioning fixture when you leave.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
The argument for putty or silicone is one you cannot win, because we all have our preferences and are not going to change just because you think we should.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks