Users who are viewing this thread

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
Last edited:

Hackney plumbing

Homeowner
Reaction score
No matter how much money you spend on a toilet you will never look cool sitting on one. Its not a car folks......LOL

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Here are some pictures of the Numi. It's pretty cool that they are exporting these. Jamie and I saw them being made at the factory in Wisconsin.

kohler_numi_3.jpg

Kohler Numi

kohler_numi_5.jpg

kohler_numi_2.jpg

Kohler Numi

Ballvalve

Reaction score
Terry, Did you post about your trip to Kohler? Was'nt it nice to see Americans at real work, keeping the town alive?

Sure, Toto makes some stuff here, but the profits go back to Japan or God knows where they can beat the taxes.

The best part of Kohler is that its FAMILY owned. Imagine. And they built it up without any tax breaks and free land we are throwing to the foreign firms daily.

When TYCO buys them out, we are doomed. I would rather find a floater left in my U.S. Kohler than a royal flush in my Mexican or Chinese throne.

Kohler deserved the 500mil$ that the morons at solar joke Solyndra blew away.

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I did see the Nuvi being made there and plenty of cast iron tubs. It was nice seeing the production there. I saw plenty of faucets being made too. We went into three separate production buildings, porcelain, brass and cast iron. The Kohler kitchen faucet that I installed for Sue was made at that factory. It was interesting seeing how they bend the high arc spouts.

Some of the product line is being made in China and Mexico for Kohler. TOTO also manufactures in China and Mexico as well as the US.
The toilets I have in my home, were made in Georgia by TOTO.

It's possible, with a little research to find a product made in the US.

Kudo's to Kohler for making a high end product that exports well.

Ballvalve

Reaction score
How about selling the Numi?

Mainly, your comment about products made in the USA is starting to reawaken due to guys like this. Its an amazing story of the old school guts and perseverence that built factories like Kohler without any government handouts. With our price of natural gas, you might soon see the toilet makers flocking back here, as many factories see our prices at 1/5 or less of world market. http://www.gastongazette.com/news/furniture-69674-company-message.html

Ballvalve

Reaction score
Peddle them in a package to the Chinese nuvo rich, that made their fortune selling us that crap from dollar stores - the stuff we pick up by the ton to toss in a dumpster a week later. My steel fire engine toy from the 60's is still going strong.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks