Users who are viewing this thread

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
http://health.yahoo.net/experts/menshealth/the-cancer-you-can-beat-today

Bonnie Adams worked for a secret government agency whose nickname—"No Such Agency"—riffed off its true acronym. She started there in the 1980s as an analyst monitoring communications within the Soviet Union, and was eventually promoted to internal affairs, where she became a field agent sniffing out "security risks." She possessed a gun, a badge, and a lot of stories she could never tell her son, no matter how much he begged.
She was tough, but not quite tough enough. The whole time she was stalking those security risks, an internal threat of her own was sneaking up on her: colon cancer. It took her life in 2004; she was only 55 years old.
http://health.yahoo.net/experts/menshealth/the-cancer-you-can-beat-today

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Good article. I put my first colonoscopy off until well past the age when you are supposed to do it...I went to about 62. I was lucky...nothing there, not even any polyps. But it was russian roulette...if I did have a problem, it might have been too late. DONT WAIT!

And I slept through the colonoscopy, so I felt foolish for having waited so long!

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Good article. I put my first colonoscopy off until well past the age when you are supposed to do it...I went to about 62. I was lucky...nothing there, not even any polyps. But it was russian roulette...if I did have a problem, it might have been too late. DONT WAIT!

And I slept through the colonoscopy, so I felt foolish for having waited so long!

I had my first colonoscopy at age 50. It was very interesting (the scope procedure itself). Back then, the anesthesiologist put me in a very light "almost" sleep, where I was able to actually watch the monitor and see the camera's travel all 6 feet in. So far, everything has been good, and the one or 2 polyps they found over the years have been benign. I get checked now every 5 years or so, also get the upper gastroscopy done to check the esophagus and stomach and entrance to duodenum.

Everybody over 50 should get the colonoscopy done, especially those that have frequent digestive problems of any sort.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks