Thanks, you guys!

Users who are viewing this thread

SusieQ

Reaction score
Just because of you, I got my disposer installed. (I posted pictures on a different thread). Thanks for all the help!! You guys are awesome, and seriously, I could have never done it without you.

Now.... I wonder if I could tackle the pipe from the riser in my condo that goes into my kitchen. How hard would that be?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Just because of you, I got my disposer installed. (I posted pictures on a different thread). Thanks for all the help!! You guys are awesome, and seriously, I could have never done it without you.

Now.... I wonder if I could tackle the pipe from the riser in my condo that goes into my kitchen. How hard would that be?

For you? Maybe doable. :)

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The restrictions vary considerably from town to town, but where I live, it is illegal to do any plumbing or electrical work in a multi-family dwelling without the proper license, regardless of how well you may be able to perform the work yourself. Now, in a single family dwelling, you can pull a permit yourself. Sometimes, even if there is no restriction with the town/state, the condo rules prohibit it. Just something to keep in mind.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Jim,
I believe she was joking.

If it's a typical condo, we may be talking three to ten stories. I don't know anyone that wants to tackle that job except for a complete tear out.

SusieQ

Reaction score
You are fearless! I feel brave just adjusting the pop-up stopper.

The pop up stopper is harder! So much fiddling to get it just right, so the water stays in. Seriously, though, I think I am going to try to fix or replace a shut off valve that leaks. If I can't do that, I think my plumbing career will be over ;)

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
quote; I wonder if I could tackle the pipe from the riser in my condo that goes into my kitchen. How hard would that be?

Probably more than you and your "big wrench" want to tackle.

SusieQ

Reaction score
With wrenches, "size does matter".

I guess size does matter ;)
So what you are saying, is that if I want to clean out the pipe going from the riser to my kitchen sink, I have to do the whole riser? The building has 5 floors. Sounds like a job for a plumber. Are any of you guys in Chicago, north side?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks