Thank you-it's a Vespin II

Users who are viewing this thread

Petal

Reaction score
Thanks to all who helped me here in my quest for a new Toto to replace our old American Standard toilet. I really wanted a Soiree, but cost and the possible need to move a water supply pipe had me picking my second choice -the Vespin II.

I'm thrilled with it- as you can see from the photo it just fit next to the water supply! It didn't break the bank and I found a great plumbing supply/showroom here in the Pittsburgh area that I never knew about before. Third generation owner with a nice showroom who brought the last Vespin out of the warehouse and set it up in the showroom just for me to see and compare. He even moved it around,unasked, next to the other toilets in the showroom to compare!

I'm saving up, and hoping for a lottery win, to gut and redo the entire bath and will be back for help on deciding what's best for new tub, sink and faucets. For now, thanks much- I'm enjoying my new throne...it's a royal flush! :D

Last edited by a moderator:

SteveW

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Congratulations on a great choice, and thanks for sharing your experience and the photos.

People that don't know about this site sometimes think it's kind of funny to get excited about choosing a toilet, but how do you know what works and what doesn't unless you get good advice like you get here? You really don't want to just randomly pick a toilet that looks good, and find out later that it clogs once a week.

It is really satisfying to find a good product, very well made, that just does what it is supposed to do, day after day.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Glad you like it, but, no matter WHICH toilet I have installed for customers, I NEVER get any negative feedback about their operation, (even the very few Totos I have installed), so your experience is what I would ALWAYS expect regardless of the model.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
We replace hundreds of toilets each year. Every toilet works, but the Vespin II works really well. I've been using the Ultramax II in the main bath, it has the same bowl and trapway design as the Vespin II and the Carlyle II. It's a big improvement over some of the other things I've used in the last year.
For me, the CEFIONTECT is a big plus.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks