Testing Fleck 7000 flow meter advice?

Users who are viewing this thread

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
remove the turbine and remove the meter cable from the back of the valve. Spin the meter turbine close to the sensor on the cable and see if it works outside the valve. If it does, you have a different problem. It is rare (but not unheard of) that the board would not read the meter.

rccwalls

Reaction score
That is the way it normally works. The last part is the one that fixes it.

It is not in bypass is it ?

Good Luck.

Saga continues. I replaced the board and still no flow being displayed. SO, now I have installed 2 meter cables separately, 2 new turbines separately, and 2 new boards separately and no flow being recorded. When water is flowing, the error/information icon displays. Does this mean anything to my problem? I am at my wits end here. Is there possibly something going on inside the valve body that would prevent the turbine from spinning? I just don't see how this is possible. Both turbines install easily with no resistance. I have inserted them fully into the body in the correct orientation. I hate to have to ship the valve back to the company that works on my unit since I need ongoing water treatment for my swimming pool water. HELP!

rccwalls

Reaction score
Saga continues. I replaced the board and still no flow being displayed. SO, now I have installed 2 meter cables separately, 2 new turbines separately, and 2 new boards separately and no flow being recorded. When water is flowing, the error/information icon displays. Does this mean anything to my problem? I am at my wits end here. Is there possibly something going on inside the valve body that would prevent the turbine from spinning? I just don't see how this is possible. Both turbines install easily with no resistance. I have inserted them fully into the body in the correct orientation. I hate to have to ship the valve back to the company that works on my unit since I need ongoing water treatment for my swimming pool water. HELP!

Unit is not in bypass

matorres11

Reaction score
Easy to do.

Remove the sensor from the back of the valve on the outlet (attached to the end of the meter cable) and run a small magent up and down across the sensor, if the board shows water flow, it is a turbine issue. Depending on the age, water quality, and flow rates the meter regularly sees, the turbine can become worn. You can remove the turbine from the shaft and clean it carefully. An obstruction (gravel, debris, piece of wood etc) can cause the turbine to not spin under water flow as well.

The link in my signature shows you how to get to the meter.

I am having exact same problem with newly installed FLECK 7000sxt. I pulled the sensor out and ran a magnet over and display shows water drop to right. I pulled bypass valve off and can see turbine just inside the outlet connection. I spun it a couple times with a screwdriver and it seems to spin fine, but i'd like to take it out and make sure it's clean. Shipping/packaging on my system was horrible. It came filled with resin, but the protective cap covering the flow tube was all busted and i'm sure resin entered the system on startup. In fact I had a small handful worth of bead come out when I first ran the system into a bathtub. I could not find how to get the meter out from the link you provided. Can you provide details how to get the turbine out? Thanks!

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
Check out this link, be sure to give it a thumbs up! :)

At about 9 minutes you will see the meter removal instructions.

matorres11

Reaction score
Check out this link, be sure to give it a thumbs up! :)

At about 9 minutes you will see the meter removal instructions.

Thanks for the quick reply. I pulled out the turbine and sure enough several resin beads came out. Turbine spun freely. Cleaned everything off, stuck it back together and it's indicating properly now. Thanks again for the help!

Rick Walls

Reaction score
I talked to dittohead by phone back in July? I have confirmed meter cable, turbine and board are all good. I measured the distance from the face of the outlet port to the point where the meter cable sensor is inserted. I got 2-3/4 inches. With the turbine fully inserted as far as it will go, I determined that the part of the turbine that is magnetized does not quite line up with the meter cable sensor. With the turbine removed and holding the meter cable sensor next to the spinning turbine, the unit registers flow and the water drop icon displays. So I know nothing is broken. My question is this: Shouldn't the part of the turbine that is magnetized, once inserted, line up exactly with the installed meter cable sensor? In my case, the distance between the vertical meter cable sensor and the magnetized part of the turbine (part that spins) is about 1/8". Does this matter or is the turbine asembly supposed to be fully inserted to the point where it hits refusal? When I cleaned and reinstalled the turbine to the fully seated position, it initially showed flow, but quickly went to zero. Still puzzled!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks