Terry, can you help me

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by lyban, May 13, 2010.

1. lyban

lyban New Member

I am sure I will not know the right names of these pieces.
    My husband is in the midst of installing the Toto carrillton toilet. He says he put a piece of bread into the valve or somewhere because that is what is norm for whatever he was trying to do. But it was not white bread and had all these poppy seeds that he thinks clogged the valve.
    Now he is tryting to get the water to fill up the tank and it is taking forever.
    He wants to know is there a way for him to remove that whatever is clogged and clean it out.
    Now maybe you understand what I am talking about but I sure don't. So if you don't understand just let me know.
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Anytime you have been soldering, it's a good idea to flush the line before making the final connection.
    If it's the type of valve that will disassemble, you may be able to clean it.
    It not, you might call Toto and ask for a new fill valve.
  3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

There are very few of those valves which cannot be disassembled and cleaned out. But it is possible that the toilet tank fill valve is NOT where the stoppage is.
  4. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Or check to make suire he didn't use a Watts Floodsafe connector.
    Those don't work on toilets