Terminology question?

Discussion in 'Electrical Forum discussion & Blog' started by michaelheerwald, Jul 3, 2007.

  1. michaelheerwald

    michaelheerwald New Member

    May 7, 2007
    Clinton, Oklahoma
    What is a plug on a 220v plug in called when it has one vertical plug and one horizontal and then the round one?
  2. FloridaOrange

    FloridaOrange Plumbing Designer

    Dec 2, 2005
    Plumbing Designer
    SW Florida
    Sounds like a 20A 3 wire, 2 pole plug.
    From the NEC exhibit 406.2.
  3. Sponsor

    Sponsor Paid Advertisement

  4. jimbo

    jimbo Plumber

    Aug 31, 2004
    San Diego
    You are probably referring to a NEMA type 6-20P 250 volts, 2 pole, 3 wire, grounding.
  5. Backglass

    Backglass New Member

    Jun 6, 2007
    New York
Similar Threads: Terminology question
Forum Title Date
Electrical Forum discussion & Blog Generator connections and terminology Jan 30, 2015
Electrical Forum discussion & Blog Bonding question on 200A load center Mar 19, 2015
Electrical Forum discussion & Blog Basic 12/2 20 amp Questions - Just making sure Mar 2, 2015
Electrical Forum discussion & Blog Question about recessed light Mar 1, 2015
Electrical Forum discussion & Blog New question, kitchen remodel, using existing cable: Feb 23, 2015

Share This Page