"Temporary" Shower?

Users who are viewing this thread

Amish Electrician

Reaction score
As I gear up for the big remodel ....

Has anyone ever set up a 'temporary' shower? I'm thinking of getting one of those pre-fab enclosures, setting it on a little platform in the laundry room, and using it while the beal bath is remodeled.

Any hints, tips, or suggestions?

After all, a complete gut remodel, with complete subfloor replacement, complete plumbing replacement, and a terrazzo floor is going to take some time ...

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
There is no reason you can't do that. One of my co-workers had a water closet on a 3-foot high riser in his basement for months during a remodel. It made for a great laugh when company came over.

Make sure you support the shower base well so that it does not crack.

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
As I gear up for the big remodel ....

Has anyone ever set up a 'temporary' shower? I'm thinking of getting one of those pre-fab enclosures, setting it on a little platform in the laundry room, and using it while the beal bath is remodeled.

Any hints, tips, or suggestions?

After all, a complete gut remodel, with complete subfloor replacement, complete plumbing replacement, and a terrazzo floor is going to take some time ...

What a great idea. I'm sure you can tie right into the clean out for a temporary fix. Are you going to move a toilet in there as well?

JW

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Those pre-fab enclosures must be supported under their floor. The common way to do this is to place piles of mortar around the floor and setting the enclosure on that. Since this will be temporary, I'd put some heavy plastic down first so the mortar would not stick to the floor when it is time to remove it.

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
What a great Idea guys.

I think you could almost use a shower pan and a shower curtain in a pinch. I might make one of these and store it for future builds - love the idea.

I wish I thought of it!!

JW

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks